Because of our merger with Strive for College, we will not be awarding I’m First! Scholarship this year. Please keep checking back for updates on future opportunities.
Recognized by the National Scholarship Providers Association and Fastweb.com as 2012 Scholarship Provider of the Year, Center for Student Opportunity’s I’m First! Scholarship is a $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 per year, renewable for four years of college) awarded to up to 10 graduating high school seniors who will be the first in their family to go to college and are matriculating to a CSO College Partner institution.
Scholarship winners have the unique privilege to serve as bloggers on ImFirst.org to share their college experiences and offer advice to aspiring first-generation college students on how to make it to and through college.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States.
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a four-year college degree).
- Must be attending a CSO partner college or university. View list of College Partners
- Seeking financial aid and scholarship support for college
- Strong writing skills and unique perspective
- Strong capacity for reflection for blogging
- Experience with or commitment to community service
- Leadership experience
- Commitment to helping expand educational opportunities for other first-generation students
Scholarship winners are not selected based on academic qualifications such as GPA, SAT/ACT scores, or intended majors.
Undocumented students are eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.