The 2014 I’m First Scholarship Application is CLOSED. Please check back next year for the 2015 I’m First Scholarship application.
Recognized by the National Scholarship Providers Association and Fastweb.com as 2012 Scholarship Provider of the Year, Center for Student Opportunity’s I’m First Scholarship is a $4,000 scholarship ($1,000 per year, renewable for four years of college) awarded to 8 graduating high school seniors who will be the first in their family to go to college and are matriculating to a College Partner institution.
Scholarship winners have the unique privilege to serve as student bloggers on I’m First to share their college experiences and offer advice to aspiring first-generation college students on how to make it to and through college.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States.
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a four-year college degree).
- Must be attending an I’m First partner college or university. View College Partners.
Ideal candidates will display the following qualities:
- Seeking financial aid and scholarship support for college
- Strong writing skills and unique perspective
- Strong capacity for reflection for blogging
- Experience with or commitment to community service
- Leadership experience
- Commitment to helping expand educational opportunities for other first-generation students
Scholarship winners are not selected based on academic qualifications such as GPA, SAT/ACT scores, or intended majors.
Undocumented students are eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.