Congratulations to the 2013 I’m First Scholarship Winners! Check back here in the spring when the 2014 Scholarship Application will open for graduating high school seniors.
Recognized by the National Scholarship Providers Association and Fastweb.com as 2012 Scholarship Provider of the Year, Center for Student Opportunity’s I’m First Scholarship is a $2,000, four-year renewable scholarship awarded to graduating high school seniors who will be first-generation college and are matriculating to a College Partner institution.
Scholarship winners have the unique privilege to serve as student bloggers on I’m First to share their college experiences and offer advice to aspiring first-generation college students on how to make it to and through college.
Minimum Eligibility Requirements:
- Current high school (or home-schooled) seniors attending school in the United States.
- First-generation college student (neither parent has earned a four-year college degree)
- Must be attending an I’m First partner college or university. View College Partners.
Ideal candidates will display the following qualities:
- Seeking financial aid and scholarship support for college
- Strong writing skills and unique perspective
- Strong capacity for reflection for blogging
- Experience with or commitment to community service
- Leadership experience
- Commitment to helping expand educational opportunities for other first-generation students
Scholarship winners are not selected based on academic qualifications such as GPA, SAT/ACT scores, or intended majors.
Undocumented students are eligible to apply.