I. Who are our College Partners?
Colleges and universities that share our commitment to supporting first-generation college students are invited to apply for inclusion in our community of College Partners.
College Partners are generally characterized as institutions with above average retention and graduation rates and a clear commitment to first-generation college students as demonstrated by the campus programs and services that support them.
College Partners become part of strong network of colleges and universities similarly committed to supporting first-generation college students and through our programs are able to directly reach prospective students while promoting and strengthening your institution’s efforts on behalf of first-generation college students.
To learn more about the two levels of partnership and benefits for each, download the College Partner informational brochure.
Please contact Matt Rubinoff by email or phone (949) 329-8291 with questions.
II. Application Instructions
We accept applications on a rolling basis during two cycles:
- August 1 through November 30 to begin partnership on January 1
- March 1 through May 31 to begin partnership on July 1
Before you apply, please remember:
1. Your institution must be a four-year, residential college or university with a commitment to supporting first-generation students to and through college;
2. Applications are reviewed and approved twice a year. To start partnership on January 1, applications must be received before November 30. To start partnership on July 1, applications must be received before May 31.
3. As a nonprofit organization, we ask College Partners to fulfill an annual partnership contribution to sustain and grow our programs;
4. The online application must be completed in one sitting and contains a few brief questions for you to provide information about your institution’s efforts on behalf of first-generation college students. To view the questions and prepare answers in advance, you may download a paper copy.
5. After submitting the partnership application, a phone interview will be scheduled to learn more about your institution’s efforts on behalf of first-generation college students and to answer your questions before confirming partnership.
III. When Your Application is Received
After we receive your partnership application, we will contact you to schedule a phone interview to learn more about your institution and its efforts to support first-generation college students. We strongly encourage you to include the key campus administrators responsible for outreach, recruitment, and retention on the call. During the phone interview, you will also have the opportunity to learn more about the benefits of partnership, demo the ImFirst.org user experience for College Partners, and ask questions.
After the phone interview, we will notify you via email within five (5) days if your partnership has been approved. We’ll ask you to sign a College Partner Agreement and then initiate the partnership, including issuing a partnership contribution invoice and setting up your user account and profile on ImFirst.org (soon to move over to UStrive).